Saturday, January 22, 2011

hanging out with the body collectors

I spent a night on call with the so called "body snatchers" ... these guys listen to police/rescue radios, and when there is a car crash they drive to the scene to collect the body and take it to the morgue, or to help whoever is injured. Most of them are volunteers, and do it for the merit, it's a Buddhist thing. The night was quiet, there was only one minor accident, no one seriously injured.
It's kind of weird, I'm waiting with the guys, and I'm bored, but at the same time, as much as it would be interesting to be called to an accident, it would mean someone would have to get hurt or die so I would take good pictures. There is a big conflict there. The photographer and the human being are constantly fighting in me, and thank God the human being is winning.

Yep, I love my job, it's the best job in the world, but it can get confusing from time to time.




good LINK about the body collectors.